Pheasants Forever Seneca County - 293
Welcome to the internet home of the Seneca County Chapter of Pheasants Forever. Pheasants Forever (PF) is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasant and other wildlife populations in North America. Read more about PF and our chapter.
Youth Pheasant Hunt 29 Oct 2022
Youth Pheasant Hunt Saturday 29 October - - Sandusky River Coon Hunters 7575 S Twp Rd 131 Tiffin, OH in Seneca County, OH. No Walk Ins - - Sponsored by Seneca County Pheasants Forever & Ohio Div. of Wildlife. Pheasants will be released in each field prior to each hunt. - - 12 and 20 gauge shotgun shells will be provided. If you use another gauge shotgun, you must provide your own shells. A guide and dog will be provided for you, shotgun provided on a limited basis Food is free, along with door prizes and raffle items. Ten clays birds will be thrown for the youth to practice prior to the hunt - - Valid Ohio Youth Hunting License is Required - - Applicants accepted 29 August thru 17 October all emails received will be responded to within a few days. Include name/s gender, address, phone number and age as of date of hunt and preference for A.M. or P.M. hunt time or no preference to firstname.lastname@example.org. - -
Fundraiser and dinner open to the public. Proceeds to benefit the Wildlife in Seneca County. Saturday, March 25th, 2023 at the Meadowbrook Park Ballroom in Bascom. Guns, Wildlife Prints, Sportsmans items, Ladies items, Raffles, Live & Silent Auction and more!
Tickets includes choice of a very nice steak or chicken dinner. Included is an open bar (free) drinks domestic beers, mixed drinks and even some lady type drinks for 21 and over, soft drinks are also available. If you like to enjoy the open bar remember to car pool and have a designated driver.
Pictures of past years banquet are on the photo tab page, scroll down till you see deal of the night picture click there and multiple pictures will come up to view.
To Purchase tickets look near the top of the page at the tabs click on Banquet and there will be a purchase tab to purchase tickets online. For more information call 419-934-3891.
Pheasants Forever winners for 2020, 2019, 2018, 2021, 2022 posted on Raffle tab.
About The Chapter
Seneca County Pheasants Forever, a nonprofit conservation organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasants and the upland bird populations in North America. Please take a moment to read more about us by following the link below.
Chapter News & Events
Pheasants Forever Seneca County Chapter July meeting was called to order by President Mario Livojevic.
Meetings are the first Tuesday each month 6:30 pm at the Sandusky River Coon Hunter Lodge 7575 S. Twp Rd 131 Tiffin, OH. 44883 Public is Welcome.
- Reports on Habitat projects in Seneca County included the Redfox Wildlife area and the Kelbley Wildlife area. A Pollinator Plot of a half an acre in size was planted this spring by Seneca Conservation District near their office off of SR 100 with funds from Seneca County Pheasants Forever. The Pollinator Plot will benefit pollinators such as bees, Monarch butterflies and a variety of other wildlife, some rain would greatly help the plot. There was discussion about another half an acre Pollinator Plot being planted in Seneca County in 2017. Kristina Kuchle gave an update on the condition of the habitat management the Seneca County Pheasants Forever performed this year on the property. Kristina also spoke that the joint venture with Seneca County PF for improving the small parking area located at the Kildow property was approved by the State.
- The upcoming Seneca County Fair was discussed and Pheasants Forever will have a laser shot tent available free for youths in the evening and Pheasants Forever will also help with the youth archery trailer.
- Pheasants Forever will host a Youth Sporting Clay Shoot that is free to any youth seventeen years of age or younger and any adult that brings a youth that participates at the Miller Farm on Twp. Rd 138 September 18th details are posted on www.SenecaCountyPheasantsForever.org
- There was discussion about introducing adults that have never hunted to hunting through an adult mentor hunt program. The adult mentor hunt is free and available to adults who have never hunted and or adults that haven’t hunted as an adult, details and applications available at www.SenecaCountyPheasantsForever.org
- Fred Smith mentioned that PF twenty four trailer used for hauling equipment for habitat work was just recently had a much needed rebuild by Pheasants Forever volunteers, there were expenses at several parts on the trailer needed replaced.
- The next meeting will be Pheasants Forever District Meeting 6:30 PM Wednesday, August 17th
at Sandusky River Coon Hunters 7575 West Twp. Rd 131 Tiffin, Ohio Open to the public, just show up. For more information go to www.SenecaCountyPheasantsForever.Org. Anyone interested in learning more about Seneca County Pheasants Forever are welcome to attend and can call 567-278-1551 for more information.